If, like me, you reference your research in your blog posts (and I suggest that you do, for reasons ranging from trustworthiness, competence of the author to elucidate on a topic, as well as not been accused of plagiarism), you probably know the irritation of formatting your references correctly.
Personally, I use the Harvard Style (because that’s what was specified in my under- and post-graduate programs) but you may use APA, Chicago, or one of myriad others.
While undertaking research for a blog post recently, I encountered a little gem of a resource online; it’s called CiteULike and as it says in their FAQ:
CiteULike is a free service to help you to store, organise and share the scholarly papers you are reading. When you see a paper on the web that interests you, you can click one button and have it added to your personal library. CiteULike automatically extracts the citation details, so there's no need to type them in yourself. It all works from within your web browser so there's no need to install any software. Because your library is stored on the server, you can access it from any computer with an Internet connection.
Like Delicious, CiteULike is tag-based, and has a flexible information filing structure. It also supports BibTeX formatted references, as well as the ability to generate bibliographies.
Fantastic!
Even this level of functionality is a godsend for nerds like me. But, as the saying goes, there’s more. CiteULike will also take your reference details and format them according to a style of your choice.
______________
References:
CiteULike Website http://www.citeulike.org
--





2 comments:
Dear Michael,
if you like CiteULike, then I suggest you take a look at Mendeley as well (www.mendeley.com, I'm one of the co-founders). Mendeley is two things: Mendeley Desktop is free academic software for managing and sharing research papers. Mendeley Web is a free research network which lets you access your papers online, discover research trends and connect to like-minded researchers.
I hope you like it - we also have an extensive feedback forum (feedback.mendeley.com) where you can suggest additional features and vote for new ones.
Have nice day,
Jan
Dear Michael,
if you like CiteULike, then I suggest you take a look at Mendeley as well (www.mendeley.com, I'm one of the co-founders). Mendeley is two things: Mendeley Desktop is free academic software for managing and sharing research papers. Mendeley Web is a free research network which lets you access your papers online, discover research trends and connect to like-minded researchers.
I hope you like it - we also have an extensive feedback forum (feedback.mendeley.com) where you can suggest additional features and vote for new ones.
Have nice day,
Jan
Post a Comment