The E-Learning Curve Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address in 10 seconds. If that does not occur for some reason, visit
http://michaelhanley.ie/elearningcurve/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Adobe Connect 7: Finding out more

Well, the Adobe roadshow is coming to Ireland this week and I'll be attending the seminar to find out all about Adobe Connect 7.

The organization I work for already uses v6, and I'm really looking forward to seeing if all the v6 deficiencies (Flash 9 support, lousy API, some of the Admin reporting etc, etc) are addressed in this release.

It appears that now Macromedia and Adobe have fully integrated their development teams, they seem to be taking advantage of the best both have to offer. So what I'm expecting is the stable delivery platform we've come to expect from Macromedia, combined with the highly usable Adobe UI (as well as better integration with products from other stables).

From what I've seen so far (there's an interesting demo here), they have rebuilt the UI in Flex - and so far it looks quite promising. Other new features are recorded content offline editing & download, a beefed up version of Presenter, discrete breakout rooms, integration with MS LCS & OCS, better user homepage, and so on.

I guess I'll see for myself on Wednesday; I'll be posting my impressions of the app here, so stay tuned...

________________

Links:

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro 7 Homepage

1 comment:

Marten said...

I want to suggest you try http://www.showdocument.com - its an alternative tool for acrobat connect that allows document sharing and wFree Web meeting in real-time. all the participants in the session see each others' drawing, highlights, etc. It is free and requires no installation.

Josh